Fort Edmonton Foundation Job Posting
Fort Edmonton Foundation (FEF) is looking for a talented administrative professional to support the business administrative activities of the Foundation office. Located at Fort Edmonton Park, we are part of a very exciting time here as we conclude our Capital Campaign for $11 Million to expand Fort Edmonton Park and anticipate the reopening of the park in 2021.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Administrator will provide support in managing the administration of the Foundation office, including donations tracking and receipting, banking and cash management as well as functioning as Secretary to the Board. This person will work as a team member in a small team and requires collaboration from many partners and stakeholders to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Responds to incoming phone, email or in person inquiries
- Picks up mail, manages cash and credit card payments, and makes bank deposits on a weekly basis.
- Takes payments, and makes data entries to update and maintain database with donor information
- Records donors and prospects donation and pledge activity and creates receipts on a weekly basis.
- Generates reports on donor activity and fulfills donor recognition expectations in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate payment transactions and weekly banking deposits to ensure accurate record keeping and to support the Accounting function.
- Completes all administrative applications and reporting and file management for all Raffle & Casino Reports and licensing applications.
- Maintains accurate record keeping of FEF Member list and Membership dues paid/outstanding.
- Prepares all board and committee meeting minutes within three business days of each meeting
- Print and maintain all meeting minutes and records pertaining to each meeting for long term storage
- Records and maintains up to date Board and Volunteer Contact information on a monthly basis
- Confirms meeting arrangements including location, participants, agenda, catering, materials and all ‘bring forward’ items.
- Manage emails and other correspondence, reports and files and determine appropriate dissemination of information to other staff, volunteers & Board Members.
- Attends committee meetings and supports the chair(s) with planning, document preparation, and recording of minutes
- Orders supplies for office and event materials as required.
- Provides coordination and supervision of volunteers, suppliers and interns as required to achieve the successful implementation of the fundraising strategies or events.
- Support the coordination of the various fundraising activities such as events, campaigns and community outreach opportunities.
- Provides research, writing and tracking assistance for grant applications and other funding proposals.
- Business or Office Administration diploma
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience of office administration or similar role
- Demonstrates proficiency in Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Experience in @EASE and /or other donor database software is an asset
- Organized, proactive and disciplined to work independently and takes direction to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, intelligence and a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Great customer service and business etiquette and uses good judgement
- Some graphic design experience would be an asset
The position is a 40 hour work week full-time salaried position with benefits. The hours are, generally Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm, with some evening and weekend requirements for meetings and events occasionally as needed. Currently the successful candidate will be required to work from home due to COVID – 19 restrictions. The employer will provide necessary office equipment for the home office.
Interested applicants are requested to email their resumes to Janet Tryhuba, Executive Director, by April 26, 2021.